Tuesday 11 December 2012

The big interview

So, the big interview happened.

    I arrived at the university last Wednesday evening to find that there would be another whole day of waiting as my interview wasn't till Friday! And I only had one interview.

  Thursday and some of Friday were spent exploring the city, watching films with undergraduates and making friends with the 'competition' who were all surprisingly very nice! Such lovely people, the party at Staircase 16 (' The Pink Palace') shall never be forgotten. The only exception was this one guy from Eton (we called him 'Paris guy' as he's currently interning in Paris) on his 'gap yah' who totally thought he was better than all of us. Pshhh.
 
  The interview itself was...okay. Unfortunately, Baudelaire didn't come up but the poem that I was given wasn't too bad, I understood most of it. There were parts that I definitely think I messed up in but c'est la vie. I'm trying not to think about it too much.
 
  After staying at the university for four days, I really want to get in so that I can see all the great people I met again. Also, there's even more pressure at school because some people don't understand the system and they're spreading that I have an offer already! The chances are so slim but if it's in my future, nothing is impossible with God.

   Now, I shall leave you with these gorgeous pictures taken by yours truly of the place that'll possibly be my home next year. Jesus, take the wheel.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment