Friday 25 April 2014

Reppin' da CU

 At the end of last term, I got made one of the reps for my college's Christain Union. Hooray! Praise God! My responsibilities will involve leading the weekly Bible studies and prayer meetings, organising CU events in college like Text-A-Toastie and trying to spread the message of what Christianity is all about around college. Daunting stuff but I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! (Philippians 4:13).

Ledbury is beauts
  I had to go away for a training weekend in Ledbury with the other CU reps around the university and it was such a great experience to get away from the hustle and bustle of student life to focus on spiritual things. One of the main messages that I got during Reps'
Conference was through a song called 'Oceans' by Hillsong United and this song pretty much sums up all I aim to gain from being a CU rep, these lyrics especially:

'Spirit, lead me where my trust is without borders, let me walk upon the waters, wherever you may call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Saviour'.

I know repping won't be all smooth sailing and that I will face some challenges along the way but I hope that God will help me get through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment