Wednesday 28 November 2012

I am torn.

Time to do some venting.

 I applied to university about a month ago hoping to study English and French and I already have conditional offers from Leicester and Southampton. Last week, I received an email inviting me to interview from my dream university but unfortunately, I was unsuccessful for the English part and they only want to interview me for single honours French. Also, my best friend in the whole world did not get an interview.

  When I got the email, I was extremely excited, slightly disappointed and emotional (I cried), all at the same time. I know I'm better in French than English, so maybe this is God pointing me in the right direction. The Bible does say in Jeremiah 29:11 that God knows the plans that He has for us. I'm very nervous because this is a really big deal for my school and I don't want to let anyone down.

  So, to prepare myself for the biggest interview(s) of my life thus far, I shall conclude this post with the reasons why I want to study French at a higher level;

- It's always been a dream of mine to be fluent.
- I have a passion for languages, French especially.
- I'm really interested in studying French literature and becoming familiar with the authors, especially literature from the Medieval era and literary theory.
- A year abroad would be an excellent way for me to immerse myself in the French way of life.
- I'm interested in the linguistics aspect of language.
And last but not least, I just LOVE everything French!

Jesus, take the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment