Sunday 16 September 2012

Guest blog: September

My twin sister, Tai, is an avid reader like me. She could totally have handled A Level English Literature but she has a strong aversion to essays and was boring and went down the Sciences route. I'm kidding. She's not boring; she'll be a great pediatric doctor one day. Anyway, she's interested in blogging but too lazy to make her own blog (her words, not mine!). So, we found a solution to this and decided that she'll guest blog for me from time to time. I'll be reviewing Chinua Achebe's 'Things Fall Apart' soon but this is Tai's 'September'. Enjoy.


    September. This is the month many young people dread most. No more late nights, no more summer holidays because with school starting again, surely the idea of ‘fun’ must no longer exist. Personally, I wish the holidays lasted longer because I’m not particularly keen to start school again. I’m sure adults reading this must be internally rolling their eyes, probably thinking that I should stop complaining as compared to the grown up world of working, having six weeks off is a luxury. With that in mind, it’s greedy to want more time off school, but that’s not why I’m hesitant to resume.

   This school year will be my final one before university and without a doubt the most important of my life so far. I guess you could say I’m a bit nervous to be thrust into the grown up world because it is in this school year that I will turn 18, and legally be an adult. Sometimes I do get scared and worry about what the future will bring, which I’m sure we’ve all done at some point. It may not be regarding school like me, but everyone has areas in their lives that cause them stress. What keep me going are two scriptures that are very close to my heart. The first is 2 Timothy 1:7- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”

    My mum used to read this to me all the time when I was younger, and it’s stuck with me since. So if God hasn’t given us a fearful spirit, why fear or worry about situations? God is looking out for us, so things will definitely turn out right. The second verse is Jeremiah 29:11- “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

   God has big plans for us. For each and every one of our lives, actually. So there’s no point in worrying about the future because God’s got it all sorted! Just continue to trust in Him, and things will look work out in the end.

  Finally, to everyone going back to school this month, endeavour to make this year the best one yet. Try not to get stressed or feel overwhelmed. Remember God has plans for you. I personally know I’ll be keeping hold to that this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment