Wednesday 5 September 2012

Adventures in Paris

  Last weekend, I was in Paris for a 'long weekend'/ short getaway with my sister, brother and Dad. We go to France whenever possible because my Dad used to live there and he still has a lot of connections there. These visits are also ample opportunities for me to practice my French with natives; many of them were impressed with me, huzzah!

   This time however, things were a little different because my Mum wasn't with us and my Dad was completely in charge, l'horreur! It was really sweet to see how completely lost he is without her. Even shopping for the things that we needed during our short stay was a struggle as Mum usually handles those things, so my Dad was completely out of his depth. Massive shout out to all mothers out there and my Mum especially for being there; we are all lost without your care!


La Défense in the day
  In general, I really enjoyed the trip. Paris is one of my favourite cities in the whole world and I'm always happy to go there. We stayed in  La Défense and we saw amazing architecture and buildings! During the trip, I bonded with my siblings (Cringey I know, but this was probably my last holiday with my brother before I go off to university next year, sad times), I got over some bitterness that I won't dwell on and I was reassured by the fact that God has a plan in all situations- Jeremiah 29:11.

La Grande Arche de la Défense
 


The only downside to the trip was this guy that we met who felt the need to tell me (after only knowing me for an hour, might I add) that my choices in regard to university courses were 'completely wrong' and 'too easy'. He even had the audacity to tell my father that he should force me to do Economics and French or any course related to Business as those would be much better and 'challenging'. The nerve! Thankfully, my parents are very reasonable; they trust me enough to let me make my own decisions and they would never dream of forcing me into anything.

  It really annoys me when people like that man believe that they know best just because they're older. As it is my own life, which I only live once, I think that I am entitled to live it doing whatever I feel is right for me.

  Right, rant over. A review of Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment