Thursday 13 February 2014

Thursday, half eight.

  So, this resolution isn't going too well...I blame second term stress and myself mostly for not reading enough during the holidays and signing myself up for too many social things. I have been incredibly busy and I'll have some very exciting news soon, but here's a poem that I wrote on one thing that happened recently. Enjoy!


"Hey, I know we only talked briefly, but I thought you seemed great,
Can we go for a drink, how's Thursday at eight?"

Flattered, shocked, worried all at once,
Is this what I think it means, or am I being a dunce?

What if it's awkward and what if I say the wrong thing?
Or he misunderstands me and thinks I want a 'fling'?

Stop it, I tell myself, stop overthinking it,
Just answer his message and take it bit by bit.

Thursday comes and brings many nerves,
But he made the first move and I'm new to this so I'll observe.

My worries turn out to be absolutely silly,
As we only buy one drink each, talk for nearly three hours, laugh and forget that it's chilly.

Am I finally ready to put myself out there,
To start accepting dates and opening up my 'cold' heart?
I don't know, but going for a drink at half eight seems like a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment