Friday 21 February 2014

5th Week Blues: Take 2

  Yup, it happened again. I got hit by the dreaded 5th Week Blues again. This term, it was even worse than last term because I was missing my sister (she came to visit me over the weekend and left on Tuesday), I was ill and also under a lot of pressure from work and my various commitments. I felt so low that I had to bail out of Bridge with friends and if you know me, you'll know how much I love Bridge.

  I decided to have a quiet evening in with myself instead, catching up on work, sleep and just reflecting. I had an early night and woke up this morning feeling so much better. I guess from time to time, everyone feels low; it's all about deciding to power through by dwelling on positive things, like the fact that I am alive and studying my dream course at my dream university. I said in my last post that I would have some exciting news and the news is that I have been chosen to be one of the new Christian Union reps for my college, starting from next term! I was totally pleased and touched to me asked but also very scared at the same time as being a CU rep has a lot of responsibilities that people aren't aware of! For example, I'll be in charge of organising Text-A-Toastie, Bible Studies, Prayer Meetings and Prayer Brunches to name a few.

  I prayed a lot about it, asked for advice from my Dada, the Pastor, who was very chuffed about it all and I decided to accept the position. I'm really excited for all that Trinity term will bring with CU and by God's grace, it will be a great term and I can't wait! The 5th Week Blues were eventually conquered as I ended the week at a swing themed birthday party with my good friends. I learned two things at that party; 1) Good friends care about you, support you in your accomplishments
and will go the extra mile to ensure that you're okay when you're feeling down. 2) The Japanese Slipper is a very very good cocktail.

No comments:

Post a Comment