Wednesday 13 March 2013

Feelings of inadequacy

  I haven't posted in here in a while and I feel bad as one of my goals for this year was to post in my blog regularly, at least once a week and I've failed, gah! I am rectifying this. Year 13 is progressing at an alarmingly quick rate and the stress of exams and getting the right grades is beginning to pile up again so I'm glad that I have this as a distraction.

   Most of the time, I'm quite chirpy (annoyingly so, as I've been told) and it's quite bizarre as I rarely sleep so I should be in a bad, tired mood for the majority but this is not the case. However today, I was hit by a sudden wave of sadness, brought on by feelings of inadequacy and unworthiness. What?! I don't know why this happened and the negative feelings are slowly going away as quickly as they came. I think I have an idea why this might have happened though but this post is just to put out a message to anyone out there who has ever felt 'not good enough': God loves you. And these feelings are just in your head and listening to uplifting songs ( its currently 'You Are My Hiding Place' and 'As The Deer' aka Psalm 42:1 for me) can take them away.

  I say this to myself as well as anyone else out there who is feeling unnecessarily sad: BE HAPPY! Things could be much, much worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment