Monday 10 August 2015

How To Survive Your Second Year At University.

  Wow. You know things are really bad and that you've been away from your own blog for too long when you type your blog url into the Google Chrome search bar and your blog doesn't even come up....

   Second year was...tough. The toughest one yet. But I survived and now I'm at home and I can sleeeeep before I move to France for ten months, ahhhhh! I learned and grew a lot this year so, here's a Kenny guide on how to survive your second year at university (here's the one I wrote for first year):

1) Grief sucks. But it's easier to deal with when your share your pain with others.

2) It can often be hard to say no to people, especially close friends as you don't want to look like a stick in the mud. However, true friends will accept you and love you exactly as you are, so don't be afraid to say no from time to time.

3) Speak out so that explosions of anger don't occur from bottling things up for weeks. It's also important to speak out so that micro aggressions are always addressed and tackled.

4) True friends are true gems and certain situations can really showcase people's ugly sides. Basically, don't put people on pedestals because eventually, they will let you down as nobody is perfect.

5) Don't let others take advantage of you, which is why 2) is always important.

6) Naps are important for survival, VERY important.

7) If you're a super keeno like me, and you like doing as much stuff as possible, post-it notes, diaries, and phone schedules are vital in order to stay organised and on top of things.

It's a massive bummer that I won't be at university in third year and the fact that most of my close group of friends will have graduated by the time I come back from France is something that weighs on my mind a lot and there were many, many tears as I said my goodbyes to people.

However as Winnie the Pooh once said, "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."


No comments:

Post a Comment