Friday 4 July 2014

The wanderer returns...

After 8 exams (21 hours in total), more than 50 essays and essay plans (I have the writing bump on my finger to prove it), 18 primary texts, countless essay crises, late nights/ early mornings with one or two tears, prelims are officially over, as is my first year at university!

Sub fusc fun
  Highlights of prelims included getting to wear 'sub fusc', different coloured carnations and getting papped by bemused tourists. Darker aspects of prelims included the exam hall that was more than 30mins of walking from college, taxis that turned up 45 minutes late, one of them actually made me late for my sixth exam and I wasn't given extra time! Fun times. Thankfully, the essay questions in that particular exam weren't too bad and I didn't need the extra time in the end but such unnecessary stress!

  I'm just so so glad that they're finally over. I would never have gotten through those two weeks without the support of my family and friends. They provided multiple hugs, chocs, text messages, notes and snap chats to cheer me up when I had my low moments. One great gal even made me packed lunches on the days when I had two exams because I couldn't come back to college to get food. I was so touched that I cried.

 
I am so thankful to God for getting me through the dark tunnel that was prelims and for helping me survive my first year at uni! Freedom feels so so good and I am so pumped to be back on the blogging scene, I've really missed this! Maybe I never left and you just missed my posts...wait, what?

No comments:

Post a Comment