Tuesday 18 June 2013

I'm feeling EIGHTEEN!

So. I survived.

*Insert Mel Gibson-esque 'FREEEEEEEEEEEDOM' yell from Braveheart here*

  After over three months of revision, countless hours spent locked in my room, forgetting to eat which lead to numerous headaches and not watching over fifteen hours of television that I recorded on the SKY+ in order to prepare for eight hours and thirty five minutes of exams, I have officially finished my A Level examinations and secondary school. My final exam was on the 14th of June- two and a half hours of French on my 18th birthday! It wasn't too bad though as it was a morning exam and I love French. In fact, my first ever 'serious' exam was GCSE French which I took early in Year 9 and as I'll be doing French at university, it seemed meant to be that I finished my exams with it.

   I am now eighteen years old. Legally an adult. Scary times. What is even more scary is the fact that I'll be off to uni in less than three months and whether or not I'll get into Dream Uni is now completely out of my hands. Gulp.

  However, I refuse to freak out, dwell on or have too many sleepless nights over that. Jeremiah 29:11 is all I have to say. I thank God for getting me through my exams and for letting me live to see eighteen as not everyone is that lucky. I shall now leave you with this picture of one of the birthday cakes that my sister and I received. Yummy yummy, Costco! A review of Theodore Dreiser's 'Sister Carrie' will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment