Friday 19 October 2012

Guest poem: My teacher


My brother, AD, recently wrote a poem for a competition and I think it is great and I want to share it. I may not say it all the time but I'm really proud of my brother; he is an amazing artist, so good that he's doing his Graphics GCSE two years early! Here is some of his art work and his poem which is called 'My Teacher'. Nice one, bro! A review of Neil Simon's 'Lost in Yonkers' will be up soon.

My teacher

First day of class,
As I am excited for maths
I am eager to learn
Hoping that this teacher isn’t stern
He hands out a paper
Like 10 seconds later
I fill it out,
With no reason to doubt
So many things to say,
Then it is taken away
Later on a shock, from what my teacher has said,
In his exact words "what’s going on in your head?”
My mind spins,
As he continues and cheerfully grins
And looks at me as if I have sinned
What have I done?
That he hates me a ton
I took extra classes to make my work load lighter
I don’t want to be a writer or a cage fighter
I just want to be a little bit brighter
Nagging me saying I am doing wrong
Well it is you sir who doesn't respond
You hear my continuous cries for help
But yet you decide to go help someone else
At first I ignored and forgot it,
But know I have decided something needs to be done about it
The time to listen
Or create an un-biased system
It’s not fair
Knowing that your own teacher doesn't care
Because sir if you don’t care about our education
Then what is going to happened to our generation?


No comments:

Post a Comment