Monday 27 August 2012

Hello, internet.

  I've always wanted a blog. In fact, blogging has been on my 'to do list' for quite a while but I've never had a topic. I'm a firm believer in the idea that blogs should have a topic, instead of random posts such as 'I went shopping today' or inane ones like, 'OmG, i h8 ma lyf!!11!!!' Okay, maybe the latter was a bit extreme.

   I think that I have found 'Something To Blog About' (that's the title of a fabulous book by Shana Norris) at last, and with that little clue, I shall be blogging about and reviewing the books that I read. Well, mostly. Sometimes, I will vent (URL reference, ha) about things that irk me and I will try my hand at reviewing other things like films, music etc.

   Why am I doing this, you ask? In September, I shall be entering my second year of A Level, studying English Literature, French and Economics and I intend to study English and French at a higher level in university next year, God willing. Who knows, I might even do a blog or two en français. I think that having this blog will improve my analytical skills as an English student and the upside is that I'll be having fun whilst bettering myself!

   I'm also an avid reader and I always have a lot of opinions on the books that I read, as well as on other things. I am often told that my opinions are 'too harsh' by my peers and twin sister, who is a budding medic that isn't pleased when I share my 'crazy English ideas' with her as the majority of the time she 'doesn't care' (love you, Tai!). So instead of annoying those close to me, I thought that I would be productive and share these aforementioned crazy ideas and opinions with the internet and whoever decides to read my blog.

  I hope to update this as often as possible; I even downloaded a blogger app so that I can 'blog on the go', lolz.

Watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment